You will receive a date of our choosing.
All coins are used but in good condition.
- Fine Weight: 0.2354 t/oz (7.32g)
- Gross Weight: 7.98g
- Diameter: 22.05mm
- Fineness: 916.0
The George V Sovereign was minted by the Royal Mint from 1911-1932. George V reigned during a turbulent era for the Royal family and Great Britain. He reigned throughout World War I and during the Great Depression. It is for this reason that the production of the George V sovereigns was sporadic and does not span the duration of his reign, unlike his predecessors. These coins display a portrait of George V and on the reverse Benedetto Pistrucci’s design of St. George and the Dragon. George V is remembered for changing the British Royal House from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor in 1917. H.G Wells notoriously wrote about the Royals’ Germanic connection, stating it as an “alien and uninspiring court”, George V famously replied: “I may be uninspiring, but I’ll be damned if I’m alien!”.
- We offer a discount of £10 per coin if payment is made via bank transfer. Please call to arrange: 01896208050.
- Tax Free Investment – Pay no Capital Gains Tax on the is product.
- VAT Free Pay no vat on this product.
- Free fully insured next day delivery.